There is a significant, growing population in the Alberta HUB region with estimated overall growth of 15% up to 2016. Excellent employment opportunities and a great quality of life are key contributors to our growing work force.
The Alberta HUB region has a well-educated labour force. As an investor or employer in the Alberta HUB region, it is equally important to know that employment training options exist to fulfill your recruitment needs through a qualified, local talent pool. Here are some areas that Alberta HUB graduates boast higher qualification levels then the rest of the province:
- Apprenticeship or Trades
- Architecture; engineering; and related technologies
- Health; parks; recreation and fitness
- Personal; protective and transportation services
- Agriculture; natural resources and conservation
Key industries operating in the region with the highest share of overall employment are Oil, Gas and Mining Extraction, Retail Trade, Construction, Health Care, Public Administration, Agriculture, and Education.
* Source: Northeast Alberta Information HUB Ltd. Regional Investment Intelligence Profile. Population figures are estimated using Alberta Municipal Affairs Official Population Statistics and municipal censuses performed by Alberta HUB’s communities. 2014-2016 population projections are derived from regional and provincial population growth trends & immigration projections.