A vital asset in the Alberta HUB region is the presence of several well respected post-secondary educational institutions that are here to enhance your skill set and further your career opportunities:
- Portage College
- Lakeland College
- University nuhelot’įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills (UnBQ)
Visit our Education section for more information on these schools, educational research in the region, and financial assistance.
For additional employment services and programs, visit our Employment Support section.
As an employer in the Alberta HUB region, it is equally important to know that employment training options exist to further develop your team and help fulfil recruitment needs through a qualified, local talent pool. Further supporting this, the Alberta HUB region has equivalent, and often favourable, educational statistics* compared to the rest of the province. Here are some areas that Alberta HUB graduates boast higher qualification levels:
- Apprenticeship or Trades
- Architecture; engineering; and related technologies
- Health; parks; recreation and fitness
- Personal; protective and transportation services
- Agriculture; natural resources and conservation
*Source: Statistics Canada, 2006 Census of Population