There are several tools available to ensure you are attracting and retaining the most qualified candidates. For more details on hiring outside of Canada, visit our Temporary Foreign Workers section.
To help simplify and organize your information search, below is a comprehensive Employer Toolkit to help you plan, recruit, train and retain employees.
- Plan – Get tips on planning for the workforce you need.
- Recruit – Find information and resources about hiring workers. Includes information on Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP).
- Train – Find out more on various funding and resources that may help you train the workforce you need.
- Retain – Find effective retention resources and strategies to retain your workers.
Employment Best Practices and Standards
For employment best practices and standards, or skills, training, and labour market information, review the following websites:
- HR Series for Employers
- Working in Alberta – Alberta Human Services
- Jobs and Training – Employment and Social Development Canada
- Hiring Temporary Foreign Workers