It is important to us at the Alberta HUB that you have the tools and support to succeed, because a thriving employment and business market means thriving communities. In this section, you will find specific services and programs to assist in labour recruitment and retention. In addition to these tools, our business support services offers tools to help you start and operate your business.
Alberta Works offers employment services through their local centres located across the Alberta HUB region. They help unemployed people find and keep jobs, employers meet their need for skilled workers, and low-income Albertans cover their basic living costs. Learn more about what Alberta Works has to offer or find a location in your desired employment area.
Virtual employment resources include:
- Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS) provides virtual advice and information on career and education planning, occupational profiles, and available jobs, all with the goal of helping you determine your ideal career path.
- Alberta Advanced Education, a government ministry, deals with apprenticeship and industry training, adult learning, and student funding for the province.
- Alberta Economic Development and Trade, a government ministry, provides leadership on the government’s economic development efforts, and single-door access to information and support for businesses and investors.
- Alberta Labour, a government ministry, ensures Alberta has a skilled workforce and safe, thriving workplaces to keep growing our economy.
- Business Support Services help you start, manage, and grow your business.
Wage Subsidy for Employers
Getting the right job candidate may mean dealing with higher wage expectations. There are wage subsidies and other financial incentive programs being offered that can reduce your wage costs. Find out if you are eligible and don’t let competitive wages slow down your business growth.
- Funding Opportunities and Programs – Service Canada
- Wage Subsidy Programs – Canada Business Network
- Job Creation Incentive Program
- Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) Program
Helmets to Hardhats provides Canadian military veterans and serving reservists with opportunities for apprenticeship training and/or rewarding careers in Canada’s unionized building, construction and maintenance industries.
Tradesecrets is Alberta’s Apprenticeship and Industry training system that is driven by a partnership between industry and government.
Base to Business is a Workforce Attraction and Retention Partnership that helps employers attract, recruit and retain good candidates coming out of the Canadian Armed Forces.
Persons with Disabilities